Re: Raid 1 + lilo

Hello Russell

On 30 Jan 2002, at 9:08, Russell Coker wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:43, I. Forbes wrote:
> > 1)  has anybody got a 'deb' of the latest lilo, back-ported onto
> >     potato.  I am looking for one to use on my "stable" machines?
>
> http://www.coker.com.au/lilo/

Thanks very much.  It almost looks like you put this together in
response to my request.

> > 2)  has anybody written a nifty script which can be run by crond to
> >     read /proc/mdstat and send off e-mail if something is not
> >     healthy.  I know this can't be too tricky, but any contributions
> >     to save "re-inventing" the wheel would be appreciated.
>
> I think that there's a package in woody for that, I can't seem to find it at
> the moment though.

I see there is mdctl, as well as mdutils, raidtools2, and raidtools
available in woody.  All seem to have overlapping functionality and
only one of them can be installed at a time.

mdctl seems very new and appears to have a "monitoring" function.

Up to now I have been using raidtools2, this is available in potato
and woody.  I am cautious to use mdctl as it is very new,
documentation is a little sparse and it is not available on potato but
in the long run I guess this will be the preferred utility.

Has anybody had any experience with these tools?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388  Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa