Re: Apologies from TrafficWoW

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:15, Sales Team wrote:
> Dear Sir, Madam,
> You got on a list that went round and round and for this we are very
> sorry.
>  This only happens when we have issues with our IT infrastructure and
> as a company totally respect your desire to be excluded from this
> list. Please read our policy beneath this text or proceed to:
>
>  http://www.trafficwow.net/nospam.htm
>  We are sorry for any inconvience caused.
>  Kind Regards

I believe that the above is a lie.

They operate a web page (linked from the reference above) to check the
subscription status of a domain.  The page in question tells me that no-one
has subscribed to their lists from hotmail.com, msn.com, ibm.net, home.com,
aol.com, zonnet.nl, and bigpond.com.au.  The idea that a company could run
hundreds of thousands of adverts and never come in contact with anyone who
uses any of those major mail servers (totalling >50M accounts and >20M
people) is simply ridiculous.

I believe that their web page is fraudulently claiming that no-one from the
domain has subscribed to convince us that they are not spammers.

I have changed this message to go to Debian-isp, as the people there are more
interested in identifying and blocking spammers.