apache-dns cname-vhost

I am a newbie administrator and I'm in the process of upgrading(fixing) our
current dns setup.  Right now there is a dns forward zone set up for each
virtual host.  After reading some docs on apache.org and the dns and bind
book it seems I could get away with just using cname records.  Is it correct
to assume I could do something like this:

/etc/named.conf:
zone "hosted-sites" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/hosted-sites";
};
zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/db.192.168.1";
};

/etc/bind/hosted-sites:
$ttl 38400
our.real.domain.  IN  SOA our.real.domain. postmaster.our.real.domain. (
            988654756
            10800
            3600
            432000
            38400 )
our.real.domain.  IN  NS  ns.our.real.domain.
our.real.domain.  IN  A  192.168.1.100
// aliases for vhosts
vhost1.com.  IN  CNAME   our.real.domain.
www.vhost1.com.  IN  CNAME   our.real.domain.
vhost2.com.  IN  CNAME   our.real.domain.
www.vhost2.com.  IN  CNAME   our.real.domain.
vhost3.com.  IN  CNAME   our.real.domain.
www.vhost3.com.  IN  CNAME   our.real.domain.

/etc/bind/db.192.168.1:
$ttl 38400
1.168.192.in-addr-arpa.  N  SOA our.real.domain. postmaster.our.real.domain. (
            988654756
            10800
            3600
            432000
            38400 )
100.  IN  NS  ns.our.real.domain.
100  IN  PTR our.real.domain.

And then just let apache handle the name based vhosts?  Is it really
necessary to have a seperate zone file for each vhost?

TIA,
Jesse