Re: OT - Debian mirror from CDs ...

You're on the right track, dpkg-scanpackages isnt what you want to do.
Theres a tool that comes with apt-proxy which is apt-proxy-import. Copy
all your .deb's into your respository and run apt-proxy-import.

man apt-proxy-import

NAME
       apt-proxy-import - A script for importing packages into the
apt-proxy cache.

--
Brad Lay (brad@samford.net)
Systems Administrator

Samford Net
P) +61 7 3855 2233
F) +61 7 3289 5458
W) http://www.samford.net

"You will contract a disease for which the cure
 is so expensive that you will die of poverty."