Re: DNS servers

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:03:21PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> Is there anything which will allow me to run ezmlm under another
> server, yet? It actually does what it does for very good reasons, IMO,
> and I like the way it does them (specifically, the same
> translation-of-concept for aliases that occurs in mbox -> Maildir,
> which is used extensively in how ezmlm handles things).

try courier-mlm instead.  it seems like an ezmlm clone that will work
with postfix (and most other MTAs too).  i don't know whether it's 100%
compatible (probably not), but it operates in a very similar way.

personally, i don't like it for the same reasons i don't like ezmlm.  i
don't want users creating mailing lists or messing with their
configuration just by creating or editing files in their home directory.

i do like some of the other courier tools, i use courier's maildrop,
pop, imap and sqwebmail with postfix.

> Majordomo was a joke, when I quit running it, and Mailman has utterly
> failed to impress me whatsoever. I'm fairly agnostic about MTA, and
> would strongly consider leaving Qmail - if anything else would
> actually support the extensive mailing lists I run. Suggestions?

courier-mlm may be worth looking at for you.

it's free software, packaged for debian and apt-gettable.

Package: courier-mlm
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 424
Maintainer: Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke@linuxia.de>
Architecture: i386
Source: courier
Version: 0.40.0-2
Depends: courier-base (>= 0.40.0), courier-maildrop (>= 0.40.0)
Filename: pool/main/c/courier/courier-mlm_0.40.0-2_i386.deb
Size: 110162
MD5sum: 6fafbf44399eb85ac8d279168f574923
 The couriermlm command sets up, maintains, and runs a mailing list.
 couriermlm automatically handles subscribe and unsubscribe requests,
 and removes undeliverable addresses from the subscription rolls.
 Mailing lists managed by couriermlm require zero human administrative
 oversight. couriermlm supports digests, write-only posting aliases,
 and moderated mailing lists.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>