ClamScan: Can't initialize virus database
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: ClamScan: Can't initialize virus database
- From: "Gene Grimm" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:47:54 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I recently installed the clamav, spamassassin, amavis-postfix, and
oav-update packages on our mail server. Unfortunately, I keep getting a
message that the virus scanner does not function. Everything else is running
well, but when I try to run clamscan manually, it reports the following:
ERROR: hex2int() translation problem (69)
ERROR: Can't initialize virus database.
running "oav-update -f" reports:
oav-update: clamscan with update does not work - autopsy
I have an identically configured system that has no problems. Anyone have
any ideas why this system does not work?