Re: New BIND 4 & 8 Vulnerabilities

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 02:35:44AM +0100, gravity wrote:
> I have a very straight setup but upgrading to bind 9 was done in under
> 4 seconds.  (approx 50 domains). no troubles so far.

yep, bind 9.2.x seems a lot better than 9.0 or 9.1.

it seems to use more memory than bind8.

i'm doing a trial upgrade (on another server by copying over zone files)
right now.

a few little gotchas (e.g. ownership/perms of zonefiles) , but easily
fixed.

i'll probably be ready to upgrade my main dns server in an hour or so.

the main thing i'm worried about is that bind9 had enormous memory leaks
when i tried 9.0 several months ago.  i hope they're fixed now.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.