Re: Pipeline internet help

Johnno,
  That depends on where the second pipe is coming from. If it is coming
from a different NOC of the same upstream company then they should take
care of all the messy routing details.

 If you use multiple providers then use BGP to provide multiple routes
for your IP blocks.   Your upstream should be able to help you with
this.

  BTW - be sure that your redundant connection is truly redundant. Here
in the US many providers rent equipment space in the telcos office so
one fire in a telco can take out all the different providers. You backup
connection should take a *completely* different route from start to end,
including the wires to your building (of course a totally separate
building is even better :-) otherwise a single falling tree somewhere
along the path could eliminate both connections.

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Services, Inc.