Re: about Woody ?

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 at 17:25:10 +0000, Julián Mu?oz wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Tomasz Papszun wrote:
>
> > Woody is stable for 2 months now! :-) .
>
> Yes, I know. Sorry for my bad english ;-) (By the way, do you think it's
> enough 2 months ?)

Yes, I think so. On the other hand, I hate some of new features(?)
(bugs?) in woody. For instance, unification of authorization in
phpmyadmin and apache - I no longer can have checking by means of
.htaccess separated from checking by means of mysql database. We
searched the Net for a solution. Other people are angry with it as well
but seems that noone knows how to get to the previous way of operation.
There are some other applications that changed their operation in such
way that some vital subsystem (modified by me) of a server stopped
working  :-(( .

The problem with potato is that in some near future, security fixes
won't be released anymore. So it's better to upgrade when it's
convenient, not when you will _have_ to do it quickly.

> Well, I would like to evaluate the cost of transition. And also, I'd like
> to be sure when to change.
>
> Potato is feature frozen, and I liked this really, because I need
> stability, and only fixes for the important bugs.
> What about Woody ?
>
> > See  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/
> > Of course we use it.
>
> Sorry, it is not so obvious to me !  ( Ignorant I am :-)

Hope it helps
--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 tomek@lodz.tpsa.pl   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.