Squid and pam_auth

Hi,

Has anyone suceeded using Squid with pam_auth module ? I'm using
squid_2.4.7-1 from Debian unstable (also tested with the version from
Woody) and it's not working at all.

I had changed the relevant parameters in /etc/squid.conf as follow :

authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth /etc/shadow

acl auth proxy_auth REQUIRED

acl allow auth

And also created a /etc/pam.d/squid file with following content :

auth     required /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account  required /lib/security/pam_unix.so

It doesn't matter how much I try I couldn't get clients to authenticate.
The authentication dialog appears when using some browser but it doesn't
accept any username.

Any clues ?

--
||  Andre Luis Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||