Re: ISP shopping list

Hello,

I use only Debian-Packages vor my ISP. A realy good choice.
Only the gateway between UUnet (8/34MBit Frame-Relay) and
my own Subnet-Router is a CISCO.

Am 12:01 27/08/02 -0500 hat Andy Gardner geschrieben:

>Of course, if the terrain allows it, and to prevent them being ripped off
>by the local telco for over-priced trunks, you'd be better off setting up a
>wireless network (maybe hopping between users houses to extend the range) -
>once installed all it costs is the power to run the stuff. NO MORE TELCO
>CHARGES - YEAH!!!!

I use Lucent ORINOCO WaveLAN.

        1 Central-Outdoor-Router        COR-1100

        6 Remote-Outdoor-Router         ROR-1100
          (in a distance of 500-2000 meters to
           the COR-1100 with 14dbi YAGI-Antennas)

        118 Access-Clients
            (because I use the half of my C-Block
             for the Access-Clients and 7 IP's for
             configuring the Outdoor-Routers)

All Access-Clients have full 128 kBit access to the net.

Please note, that the ORINOCO make effectiv around 7 MBit/sec
if you use YAGI-Antennas betweent the ROR and COR, 25mW-WAVE-
LAN-Cards (35mW are not alowed with the YAGI's) and the Clients
use a small 2dbi Indoor-Antenna.

If the clients use the YAGI-Antenna too, they can have a distance
up to 1500 meters to the ROR.

This means, you can have Clients in a effectiv distance up to
3500 meters... - Interesting ???

Have a nice Day

Michelle

P.S.:   Now because ADSL I will give up in Germany and France
        and I will go to turkey ;-))

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
| Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |