Re: chrooted sftp users?

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 14:32, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> We want to upgrade those people to ssh, or better sftp. One feature of
> proftpd we are missing is to "chroot" each user in their own tree, so
> they can see only their file and cannot escape. How can we get this?

It used to work, but since priv-sep was included in openssh the regular
chrooting code doesn't work anymore for non-root users.

You could (if you dare) run openssh 3.1 and add the chroot patch to it.
Then you can chroot sftp users.

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT