Re: Allusers Email with Sendmail

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 02:21 PM, Daniel Hooper wrote:

Please excuse my complete lack of skill and knowledge with shell
scripting /
awk / sed & sendmail, I'm trying to put something together to email all
User's for an ISP. I've researched a little bit and found this command
(modified to suit my environment)

try

	ypcat passwd | cut -f 1 -d : - > /etc/mail/allusers

That works for me, assuming you want a list of usernames, one per line in a file. I don't know awk well so I don't know what your command is trying to do (I think its trying to print every username over uid 100?).

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - Systems Engineer - Shared Hosting
ValueCommerce Japan - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp

"The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is
asked to 'behave' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes,
we know! Isn't it terrific!'." - Frank Zappa