Re: Maildirs in Debian

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 10:17:13AM -0700, C. R. Oldham wrote:
> > Maildir delivery has lots of advantages over mbox spools, but
> > the latter is the only standard.
> >
> > Almost all M*A's support both standards.
>
> My understanding was that the Maildir patches for the c-client libraries
> (affecting the UW imapd and Pine) were not very stable.  Furthermore, as

People still use pine? Where do you get deb's for that, or at least
installer deb's. Last time I looked they apeared gone for good. I have one
user who want's his pine fix bad, and I've been fobbing him of with "it's
no-longer available, use mutt".

> a longtime subscriber to the c-client discussion list, Mark Crispin
> hates Maildir.  Mark's feelings may not have a bearing on the final
> decisions, I just include that as a datapoint.

I think that having a debconf option to pick which you want would be great.
Failing that, a migration to pure maildir would probably be good, provided
the migration could be handled transperantly.

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key