Re: [Question] RAID-0 with raidtools2

hi ya

i assume you are trying to make one big disk so that
you can have huge files 100GB-sized files
using four 40GB disks ??
- ie.. why do you use raid0 ???

if your /etc/raidtab...
	- change nr-raid-disk  to say 4  since you have
	4 disks

- if any of the 4 disks dies... you lose all data...

------------------

if you wanna protect against disk failure...
	- use raid5 with your 4 disks...

setup / /tmp /var /usr as raid1 mirroring so that
you can still boot off any disk even if one  of um dies

save /home onto raid5 across all 4 drives... so that you
still protected against a single disk failure

raid is NOT a backup of important data...
	- save that off to a different system

more fun raiding...

	http://www.1U-Raid5.net
	( TeraByte capacity 1U Raid5s... )