Re: Mail question

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 16:50, Craig wrote:
> Hi Fellows
>
> Has anyone succeeded in setting up a multi-user mailbox that
> exchange 2000 retrieves mail from using exim ?> I am having
> the problem that when exchange retrieves the messages, its
> resending them again which causes the recipients of the
> original mail to receive duplicates.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I've seen this happen with exchange pop'ing mail off a qmail+vpopmail
server.  I eventually (after a few hundred MB of email, which the client
paid for in their data traffic charges) figured out that the original
sender sent an email to a local alias, the local alias expanded and got
delivered to our server, then the exchange server retrieved the email
and didn't know who the To: address was, so it re-sent the email to the
To: address, which was an alias on someone else's server, which expanded
the alias... (you get the idea, looping message!)

I'd suggest a very large hammer aimed at the exchange box, or the admin
of said exchange box ;-)
--
Joel Michael			|  Phone:	+61 7 3367 3555
Systems Administrator		|  Fax:		+61 7 3367 3544