Re: virtual FTP hosting?

 Dave Watkins escribio:
>(..)
> PureFTPd is very good (I use it here for the exact purpose above), plus
> it  has been written with security in mind. There are deb's for it but
> they are  VERY OLD. I floated the question of someone maintaining new
> packages for it  and someone said they would be happy too. Unfortunatly
> I haven't heard  anymore of it, I'm happily using the old packages still
> as there aren't any  holes that I'm aware of in it :-)
>
> Dave

I have the latest pureftpd installed from deb, all I did was
apt-get source pureftpd
get the latest sources from pureftpd.org
copy the debian directory from the "old" source
then debian/build && debian/binary
finally dpkg -i the resulting package(s)

I was thinking about mantaining the packages, but I think I'm
not skilled for that.

--
Regards,
                          Germán