Re: Spamassassin and Qmail

Hello!

El dom, 30-06-2002 a las 02:25, Dave Watkins escribió:
> Hi All
>
> I've been trying to get Spamassassin working with Qmail for a few days with
> no luck. All I want it to do it tag the messages as spam so they can be

Have done that with no problems.

> filtered by the email clients easily. I've applied the qmail-queue patch
> and set the qmailqueue variable to point to the script I want it to run
> (contents below)

But I did *not* use the qmail-queue patch, Gerrit Pape pointed out to
me, that it is not necesarry. As pointed out on some web-page I could
not find by now, you can substitute qmail-queue by a link to your
script, which in turn cals the "real" qmail-queue after filtering.
The Email he wrote me is about 100km away from where I am now, so I
cannot find the reference by now.  Write me back personally if you
continue having trouble.

> to interrupt the delivery queue and send it through spamassassin first,
> which is fine and my setup should be working. Spamd is running and the
> sample-spam files work fine, headers are added etc.
>
> I believe my problem is in the above script as everything else I can find
> says you need to run qmail-qfilter or a full blown virus scanner system,
> but I don't want to filter the messages, just add the headers, and I don't
> want to do email scanning in this box. I'm starting to think that qmail
I think, that if you only want to tag the messages, not reject them
system-wide, your place to go is local delivery.  Let qmail-queue alone,
run spamd, and let local delivery go through spamc before handing the
mail over to the local Maildir.

Best Regards,

	Jorge-León