Re: APC PowerChute on Linux

Definitely WRONG - I have APC PowerSuite running on several Linux systems - mainly SuSE but that should not matter...
The installation from the PowerSuite CD was like a charme...

What are your exact probs - maybe this could help a little bit!
What are your exact config?!? To which machine is the UPS attached?!?

Greetings and a nice weekend
Christoph

28.6.2002 21:07:43, Peter Billson <pete@elbnet.com> wrote:

>Andreas,
>  It has been a while since I played with it, but if I remember
>correctly the documentation said that Linux can't be the master only a
>slave.
>
>Pete
>--
>http://www.elbnet.com
>ELB Internet Services, Inc.
>Web Design, Computer Consulting, Internet Hosting
>

>Andreas Rabus wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's not free software, but i think i need it as master for two for the
>> Windoze Servers on the UPS.
>> So i tried to install PowerChute for linux on my debian box.
>>
>> Did not work for now....
>>
>> Anybody managed it already?
>>
>> I searched the web and found a page:
>> http://homepage2.nifty.com/drpanda/tech/opensource/debian-ups.html
>> But i can't read it.
>> Can any body help by translating this page?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>>         ar
>>
>>     Andreas Rabus
>>     entity38 AG
>>
>>     Isartalstr. 44b/Rgb.
>>     80469 München
>>
>>     Tel +49 (89) 286772-27
>>     Fax +49 (89) 286772-21
>>     ISDN +49 (89) 286772-30
>>     ICQ #132675697
>>
>>     Andreas.Rabus@entity38.de
>>     www.entity38.de
>>

>> --

    .-.                             Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
    /v\    L   I   N   U   X        Lehrstuhl fuer Biophysik
   // \\  >Penguin Computing<       c/o Christoph Wegener
  /(   )\                           Gebaeude ND 04/Nord
   ^^-^^                            D-44780 Bochum, GERMANY

Tel: +49 (234) 32-25754             Fax: +49 (234) 32-14626
mailto:cwe@bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de   http://www.bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de