Re: Cyrus IMAP
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Cyrus IMAP
- From: Robert Waldner <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:12:59 +0200
- Message-id: <200206281512.g5SFCxR2004557@localhost>
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:40:02 CDT." <200206280940020984.0041879B@184.108.40.206>
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:40:02 CDT, "Gregory Wood" writes:
>I am trying to configure IMAP for a customer. I used dselect and got the=
> 'required' Cyrus IMAP server. The first thing that struck me as strange is=
> that it didn't generate any config files. So, I went to the Cyrus home=
> page and got the install instructions and started working through that.=
> One line says, 'tools/mkimap'. Only there is not tools directory and no=
> mkimap script anywhere on my system.
>Where have I gone wrong?
1st: You've sent your mail in both text and HTML. DO NOT send
HTML-mail, PLEASE. http://expita.com/nomime.html
2nd: Have a look at /etc/imapd.conf
3rd: Configure cyrus (cyrdeliver) as delivery agent (MDA) in your MTAs
4th: Setup some IMAP-mailboxes (`cyradm localhost`, make sure the
cyradm-user exists in whatever way you configured via imapd.conf),
create the cyrus-mailboxes per `cm user.$mailboxname` in cyradm.
5th: Have fun!
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer | CoreTec IT-Security \
\ <firstname.lastname@example.org> | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cyrus IMAP
- From: "Gregory Wood" <email@example.com>