Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Hi All,

I am configuring a mail server (running woody) to use exim in conjunction
with Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP).

I have exim successfully delivering mail to the /opt/AVP/kavkeeper/kavkeeper
program via LMTP, and the e-mail message is being scanned by AVP.

But, the e-mail just disappears after that. AVP is supposed to launch exim
using an alternate configuration file (set to actually deliver the mail,
rather than using LMTP to send it to the kavkeeper), however nothing appears
in the exim mainlog file.

When I had AVP misconfigured and set to launch exim with the default
exim.conf file, the mail went into a loop, constantly being passed back and
forth between AVP and exim.

When I run exim manually using the alternate config file (set to actually
deliver mail) everything works fine, and mail is delivered. Which indicates
to me that the alternate config file is valid, yet for some reason the
messages are disappearing after they are passed to AVP.

Has anyone else successfully setup exim with AVP, or has any ideas?

Andrew Tait
System Administrator
Country NetLink Pty, Ltd
E-Mail: andrewt@cnl.com.au
WWW: http://www.cnl.com.au
30 Bank St Cobram, VIC 3644, Australia
Ph: +61 (03) 58 711 000
Fax: +61 (03) 58 711 874

"It's the smell! If there is such a thing." Agent Smith - The Matrix