Re: maildir with vacation

I am attempting to get the vacation notice working with Postfix with
virtual users on a Maildir.

I am not sure if I can use the vacation (Debian package) with virtual users. Is
anyone using it ?

Any suggestions ?

Currently all my users are stored in an LDAP database where I use both
the qmail and the courier schema like this:

dn: uid=jerky-user4,ou=mailaccounts,dc=mycoll,dc=edu
uid: jerky-user4
cn:  jerky-user4
mail: jerky-user4@mycoll.edu
mail: jerky-user4@imap.mycoll.edu
uidNumber: 99331
gidNumber: 3332
mailHost: imap.mycoll.edu
homeDirectory: /var/imap/mycoll/jerky-user4
mailMessageStore: /var/imap/mycoll/jerky-user4/Maildir
mailForwardingAddress: jerky-user4@imap.mycoll.edu
mailbox: jerky-user4/Maildir/
deliveryMode: normal
mailReplyText: I am on vacation.
objectClass: qmailuser
objectClass: couriermailaccount
creatorsName: cn=admin, dc=mycoll, dc=edu
accountStatus: active

On the file-system all the users are owned by vmail:
drwx--S---  2024 vmail    vmail       40960 May 22 14:09 /var/imap/mycoll

My postconf for the IMAP server is pretty straight forward.
imap:/var/imap# postconf -n

biff = no
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
delay_warning_time = 4
local_recipient_maps = $virtual_mailbox_maps
local_transport = virtual
mail_owner = postfix
mailbox_size_limit = 20480000
message_size_limit = 10280000
mydestination = $myhostname, $mydomain, localhost.$mydomain
mydomain = mycoll.edu
myhostname = imap.mycoll.edu
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
myorigin = $mydomain
program_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
smtpd_banner = $myhostname NO UCE ESMTP  (NO SPAM PLEASE)
virtual_gid_maps = static:1001
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/imap/mycoll/
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:ldapsource
virtual_minimum_uid = 500
virtual_uid_maps = static:1001

I ran vacation -i.

I also put the following files in my users Maildir.

-rw-r--r--    1 vmail    vmail          43 May 31 10:09 .forward
-rw-r--r--    1 vmail    vmail         139 May 31 09:46 .vacation.msg

imap:/var/imap/mycoll/jerky-user4/Maildir# cat .forward
\jerky-user4, "|/usr/bin/vacation jerky-user4"

imap:/var/imap/mycoll/jerky-user4/Maildir# cat .vacation.msg
From: jerky-user4@mycoll.edu
Subject: Far Away from my mail.

Hi!.

I am not on vacation, but this is a test of the vacation mail thing.

--
Looking forward to the Open-Source version of the Oxford English Dictionary ?