Re: [HELP] A Question About Attack By SYN and FIN....

I'm not sure if you're refering to SYN flooding, but if you are you can compile syn cookies into your kernel, then enable it by doing a "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies".

As for striking back, it's not recommended (it's illegal, they might be attacking from an innocent host they hacked, if they aren't making complete connections the IP is probably spoofed, etc), if it becomes a problem alert the proper authorities or try to find their upstream provider.
-Greg

--
------SupplyEdge-------
Greg Hunt