Upload speed drops

I installed Potato on a server a I do all the time :)
Using it as a router for a cable modem.
2 Nic's Ne2000, Ipmasq, dhcp server.
internet-------------<eth0 router dhcp on eth1>---<HUB>-->client
BUT! :)
When I upload in passive mode to a external ISP the upload speed on clients DROP from 30k/sec to 0.0K/sec. If I try to upload files to an ISP on the server all workzz fine. The same problem on the clients with email attachments bigger then let's say 30Kb. The server runs okay...
I just need to know what the possible problem could be...
I changed the NIC's with others bu no GO...
When I upload from a client to the router the speed drops also.
so can anyone tell me the Ultimate answer other then 42 :))

gr kleinejan