Re: [Fwd: Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

Hi,

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:25:12AM +0200, Emile van Bergen wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 May 2002, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > > no, it's not relative.  there is an absolute, black-and-white
> > > criteria which you are too stupid to see:  if a site is part of the
> > > spam problem then it should be black-listed.  if it is not part of
> > > the problem then it shouldn't be listed.
> >
> > Pray tell then, *when* is a site part of the spam problem?
> >
> > Please share your infallible, absolute, black-and-white criteria for
> > that, because obviously we were missing it all along.
>
> yes, you have missed it because i've mentioned it several times in this
> thread.  here it is spelt out so that even you or jason should be able
> to understand it:
>
> 1. is the site an open relay?

That is a good one, but doesn't catch all cases. You recognise that too:

> 2. is the site a spam source?

That's my point. *Where* is your threshold? *When* do you, with absolute
certainty, conclude that a site is a spam source?

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   e-advies@evbergen.xs4all.nl