Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Jason Lim wrote:

> I *REALLY* hate it when these spammers try dictionary attacks. The
> postmaster accounts fill up with thousands upon thousands of emails, until
> they are over quota. Then the emails double/triple bounce to the admin of
> the server (us).

I remember that hitting me a few times. I was usually getting around 500
emails to postmaster per day, but when dictionary attacks came in, I
received well over 15,000 per day.

Then I started using Exim. It doesn't send bounces to the postmaster by
default. (I just view the queue daily and receive an eximstats -- log
anaylsist report -- daily.)

Don't configure your MTA to send copies of bounces to the postmaster.

Does anyone really have the time or desire to scan through all that mail?

  Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w