Re: BIND9 MySQL SDB

Hello!

I know that this does not directly answer your BIND9 Question!

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 11:27:24AM -0300, Auro Florentino wrote:
> My priority is to cut off the shell access to non-administrators (like support people) to modify or delete zone or records on BIND9, and to integrate our platform on DataBase Schemas (like mantains all our information on a storage database).
>
> Any ideas?

Around djbdns http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html, there are some very
creative solutions to DNS and Database Backends http://www.djbdns.org/.

An advantage of djbdns over BIND is, that you do not have to restart,
or reload zones when you change them.

It is also simple to automatize tasks, like actualize DNS zone data,
with simple shell scripts which can be run sudo'ed for security.

Best Regards,

     Jorge-León