Re: gated on woody

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 01:53:37PM +0200, Daniel.Marquez-Klaka@star-21.de wrote:
> Hiya,
> I'm trying to get gated working on an fresh installed woody.
> It compiles with no errors but I can't even bring gated to
> check his conf file (-C). All I get is an simple "Abort".
> I'm still on the default installation Kernel. My question now
> is there something in the kernel that need to be turned on for
> making gated happy. Or any other ideas ? O, it is gated 3.6

How about trying zebra instead?

Package: zebra
Section: net
Installed-Size: 2546
Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@northeye.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.92a-4
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libncurses5 (>= 5.2.20010310-1), libreadline4 (>= 4.2a)
Suggests: netbase (>= 3.15-3)
Filename: pool/main/z/zebra/zebra_0.92a-4_i386.deb
Size: 987168
MD5sum: 8f122bc8f3945c1b9e2a59bf7fa97678
 GNU Zebra is free software (distributed under the GNU Generic Public
 License) which manages TCP/IP based routing protocols. It supports
 BGP 4, BGP4+, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, RIPv1, RIPv2, and RIPng as well as the
 IPv6 versions of these.
 Zebra uses threading if the kernel supports it, but can also run on
 kernels that do not support threading.
 Zebra is more than a routed replacement, it can be used as a Route
 Server and a Route Reflector.
 Zebra is unique in design in that it has a process for each protocol.

Michael Wood <mwood@its.uct.ac.za>