Re: gated on woody

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 01:53:37PM +0200, Daniel.Marquez-Klaka@star-21.de wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I'm trying to get gated working on an fresh installed woody.
> It compiles with no errors but I can't even bring gated to
> check his conf file (-C). All I get is an simple "Abort".
>
> I'm still on the default installation Kernel. My question now
> is there something in the kernel that need to be turned on for
> making gated happy. Or any other ideas ? O, it is gated 3.6
[snip]

How about trying zebra instead?

Package: zebra
Section: net
Installed-Size: 2546
Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@northeye.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.92a-4
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libncurses5 (>= 5.2.20010310-1), libreadline4 (>= 4.2a)
Suggests: netbase (>= 3.15-3)
Filename: pool/main/z/zebra/zebra_0.92a-4_i386.deb
Size: 987168
MD5sum: 8f122bc8f3945c1b9e2a59bf7fa97678
 GNU Zebra is free software (distributed under the GNU Generic Public
 License) which manages TCP/IP based routing protocols. It supports
 BGP 4, BGP4+, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, RIPv1, RIPv2, and RIPng as well as the
 IPv6 versions of these.
 .
 Zebra uses threading if the kernel supports it, but can also run on
 kernels that do not support threading.
 .
 Zebra is more than a routed replacement, it can be used as a Route
 Server and a Route Reflector.
 .
 Zebra is unique in design in that it has a process for each protocol.

--
Michael Wood <mwood@its.uct.ac.za>