Mail Servers

I hate asking this, but I thought that this would be the fastest
way to get the answer.

I may be setting up a mail server for a factory. From what little
I know so far, it will be for all a mail server for all five hundred
employees. (one in each location) so they can check work
related email. I was thinking about using woody, but have
the following 2 questions.

1 What is the max user limit that woody + exim will support

2 Could someone point me to a good pointer / how-to for this.