Re: byte counts differ

Kevin wrote:

> I'm uploading from Linux to an IIS FTP.  After the file is sent, if I
> check the byte count on the remote side and the byte count on the
> local side they differ slightly.  Anyone know why this is?

Probably gaining/losing <CR> characters. Look at the file in a hex
editor before and after transferring, see if one vertion has 0x0d 0x0a
at the end of each line ("DOS format", CR LF pairs) and the other has
0x0a at the end of each line ("UNIX Format", LF only).

make sure you use bin mode or ascii mode as appropriate...

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.