Re: Inexpensive gigabit copper NICs?

Apparently, on Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 10:06:29AM -0500, Jeff S Wheeler wrote:
> Can anyone recommend some inexpensive GIGE NICs that use CAT 5 instead
> of fibre pairs?  I just want to run some back-to-back from a busy NFS
> server to a couple of its clients for now.  I have not even looked into
> GIGE copper switches but I imagine they ROI would not be very high for
> my shop just yet :-)

Check out the D-Link DGE-550T
http://www.dlink.com/products/gigabit/dge550t/
It appears to be supported in the 2.4.x kernels (maybe 2.2 but I don't
have that to check) and it lists for only $89.
I've actually been thinking of trying these myself so, if you get them
and they work well, I'd love to hear about it.