installation time (Re: Diverting smtp traffic)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Richard Arends wrote:

> 	FreeBSD/OpenBSD server with ipfilter and ipnat. Via ipnat rule
> 	(rdr) everything for port 25 get's redirected to an other
> 	mailserver

> Option one, can be build in a half hour.

It can be built in a half hour if you install from CD and you know what
you are doing. Someone new to *BSD (just like someone new to Debian
Linux) could easily spend days installing and learning.

I have installed *BSDs and Linux systems well over one hundred times;
even after several years experience, it took me over four hours to
retrieve files, read the documentation, and to install OpenBSD the first
time. Using a CD it probably only takes ten minutes now.

When I first installed Debian Linux, I spent several days downloading
numerous disk sets, reading docs, and trying the installs.

  Jeremy C. Reed
     ISP-FAQ.com -- find answers to your questions
     http://www.isp-faq.com/