Re: Bandwidth limiting

> My users are using all the outgoing bandwidth by downloading files thru
> FTP, port 20. This results in the eMail and Web being unusable, even if
> they really don't need much by themselves.
>
> I head BSD has this kind of bandwidth limiting possibilities.
> What about Deb ?
>
> I tried limiting the packet size, but it really doesn't do much.
> Hope there is a solution somewhere, besides shutting down the FTP.

I'm redirecting some outgoing traffic (with dest. ports 80:81 and so on to
squid and with dest. ports 20:21 to frox) via firewall and using squid with
delay_pools + frox with redirecting traffic to squid (where it goes through
delay_pools).
One moment - frox seems to be unstable.

--
With Best Regards,