Re: Multi-domain POP/IMAP server

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Michael Merritt wrote:

> I need a POP & IMAP server that support multiple (virtual) domains on a
> single IP address.
>
> Suggestions?

I dealt with this using qmail and used a home-grown checkpasswd script
for its POP3 server. That script accepted a full user@domain as the
login and returned the correct maildir based on that.

Very effective. Also, the authentication mechanism using an external
script even allowed me to use a fully virtual setup (using only one unix
uid) and to query a radius box for passwords, but of course your're free
to choose any backend setup you like.

Cheers,

Emile.

--