Re:

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:02, Chris Zubrzycki wrote:
> Good evening everyone. I have a question for the group: Has anyone ever
> installed debian on a sun cobalt qube 3 server appliance? I am just
> wondering if there are any problems i should be aware of. (the standard
> os is a modified redhat).

The first problem you face is lack of a video card.  Debian is not setup to
install without a video card.

The next problem is that the boot loader doesn't appear to be lilo or grub,
so far I haven't played with Qube's enough to determine how they boot, and
the web site doesn't cover it.

On the positive side the hard drive is a regular IDE drive and it's really
easy to remove it and plug it into a normal PC for the install or for
recovery if you stuff it up.

Good luck!

But why would you want to use a Qube?  There are machines that are cheaper,
faster, and better in other ways.  The only thing the Qube really has going
for it is that web based administration software (which you will lose if
converting it to Debian).