ppp -connection

hi, i have createt my  new internet - connection but when i start with:

/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS2 crtscts noipdefault &

i get the following error - messages:

connect: ppp0 <> /dev/ttyS2

config - request

connection terminated

minicom works fine i can access my provider without problems.
i have already created my /etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf and
/etc/resolv.conf.  in /etc/options i have disabled auth and enabeled
lock.

ifconfig nerver detects my ppp0 - device

route shows loopback at 127.0.0.1 (localhoast)

the pap-secrets contains my passwords, so could anyone help to get this
problem solved thank`s a lot ....

frank