Re: HP LC2000r trouble

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:32:30 -0500
Peter Billson <pete@elbnet.com> wrote:

> Adrian,
>   I've not played with a HP with megaraid but I can point you to a
> Dell/Redhat specific site that may get you started
> http://domsch.com/linux/ - see the megaraid section.
>
>   The basic problem is that you need the correct driver for your card
to> get the install to work and the older kernels didn't have great RAID
> support. You may have better success with a newer kernel (i.e. 2.4.9)
> but that doesn't help with your install.
>
>   Your 2.2.19 problem sounds like you have the RAID or SCSI driver(s)
> compiled as modules and not into the kernel. The bootstrapping
obviously> works, since the kernel loads.

>   You need to either compile the drivers into the kernel or set up an
> initrd to provide the modules in an initial ramdisk.
>
> Pete
> --
I suspect the same problem !
So I write 3 floppies with resue.bin root.bin and drivers-1.bin from the
debian 2.2r5 "compact flavor" of kernel. The kernel is 2.2.19. The boot
works, the dboostrap start, but when I want to read the drivers from the
third floppy the message is that this floppy doesn't contain a
filesistem.

Perhaps I done something wrong ...
I cannot use the third floppy in any way !
And to eliminate the problem of a bad floppy I tried to mount the image:
mount -o loop ./driver-1.bin /mnt
	kernel: FAT: bogus logical sector size 8308
	kernel: VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 07:00

I hope this is not a RTFM problem :)

--
Best regards,
   Minta Adrian                          phone: +401.683.66.52