Re: user traffic accounting

Just a quick thought, as it says on the website:

> User Mode Linux virtual machines are networkable,
> to each other, to the host, and to other physical
> machines.  So, UML can be used to set up a virtual
> network that allows setting up and testing of
> experimental services.

http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/

Maybe this allows accounting of the vm's, too.
I remember a project here where BSD was used in
a similar way and every virtual machine had it's
own IP.

Cheers,
Marcel

martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> 7 Jan 2002, at 14:26: