Re: procmail

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 09:46:33AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> PS: there's no such thing as a BCC header in incoming mail. it is
> stripped either by the user-agent when sending a message or, at the
> latest, by the MTA when it receives the message. it can't be used to
> sort mail because it doesn't exist.
That's wrong according the the specs[1], although I've never seen an SMTP
MUA/MTA that did actually show the Bcc receipients to each other.

bye,

    -christian-

[1] rfc822
  4.5.3.  BCC / RESENT-BCC
	 Some  systems  may choose to include the text of the
        "Bcc" field only in the author(s)'s  copy,  while  others  may
        also include it in the text sent to all those indicated in the
        "Bcc" list.

--
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?