Re: Mailinglist software recommendations?

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 03:41:11PM +0100, Marcel Hicking wrote:
> could anyone recommend a mailinglist software for
> several small to medium sized mailinglists (say,
> from very few to maybe a thousand or so subscribers)?

Try Ecartis (formerly Listar - http://www.listar.org/).  Packaged in
Debian as listar still.

Some features include:
- modular
- written in c
- secure remote administration which uses cookies, so hard for someone
  to spoof the admin addr

> b) Some admin web interface for the guys going
> to use and feed the lists. Need to be able to add lists,

Ecartis has this packaged in listar-cgi.

> c) A web interface to (un)subscribe to lists (which I
> could probably do myself ;-)

I think you can do this with listar-cgi but if not then as you say it's
not much effort to add this functionality.

> Subscribers should not be able to post to the list in
> general, but having this optional for each list would
> be nice to have.

Can do this with any decent list manager.

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia