Re: woody and ip masq options - resolved

Thanks for the pointer. Once I got your stuff, I ran 'man interfaces' and found out what it was doing.

The other issue is there is a file 'options' under the network directory. In it is an option to turn on ip forwarding. Without that, the ipchains command won't work.

Greg

On 11/14/2001 at 10:53 AM Radek Hnilica wrote:

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:59:52AM +0100, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 05:51:09PM -0600, Gregory Wood wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've been working through 'woody', /etc/init.d/networking and /etc/network/options but I'm missing how to set my options so that I activate ip masq.
> >
> > I could type in the command manually or just add it to the script but that just gets around the issue.
> >
> > Someone point me to the right HOW-TO file.
>
> Have a look at the ipmasq package. I think it will do exactly what you
> want.

If it helps you, I give you a snippet from my /etc/network/interfaces file
# Connected to internal web network
iface eth1 inet static
        address 192.168.1.10
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.1.0
        broadcast 192.168.1.255

        # Zakaz forwardovani mimo explicitne uvedene forwardovaci pravidla nize
        pre-up ipchains -P forward DENY

        # Maskarada pro webovaci site v Breclavi a Praze
        pre-up ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0/0 -j MASQ
        post-down ipchains -D forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0/0 -j MASQ

Radek Hnilica <Radek at Hnilica dot CZ>