Re: dns takeover with dhcp-dns

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 09:04:33PM +0200, PiotR wrote:
> Anyone knows if dhcp-dns allows to filter some hostnames, in order
> not to update them?. With the actual behavior its easy to take over
> dns entries.  I'm concerned about users taking over server's dns
> entries.

nope, not possible with dhcp-dns as it's written.

it's perl, though, and probably wouldn't be too hard to modify so that
it rejected specific names.

>  Any ideas?

use a subdomain for the dynamic entries.  don't put any servers in the
dynamic domain.

e.g. if your main domain is "example.com", use "pn.example.com" for
dhcp-dns...then there's no chance that dhcp-dns can touch your main
domain.

("pn" == abbreviation for private network.)

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.