Re: CBQ+POTATO+2.2.19

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 07:39:41PM +0000, Alejandro Borges wrote:
> <whine>
> Im trying to manage my bandwidth....but machines dont cooperate with us
> ever....why is that.....its depressing....:(...
> </whine>

First time I tried to do it properly it took me several weeks of work
time to sort it all out. Things might be a little easier now, though.

> On to business:
> sch_cbq.o wont load on 2.2.19 and i need to use it as stated in the
> advanced routing howto....
>
> in trying to insmod sch_cbq.o, the module crashes on broken dependencies
> with
>
> /lib/modules/2.2.19/misc/sch_cbq.o: unresolved symbol
> qdisc_kill_estimator

You'll need to recompile the whole kernel with CONFIG_NET_ESTIMATOR
("Rate estimator") set.

> I actually could live with shaper.o and shapecfg, but i tried useing it
> and dumped it because it refuses to play fine with the debian
> /etc/network/interfaces, its not really documented or anything and im
> not shure how to set up the routes.....

I'd appreciate more detailed comments in a bug against shaper, if you
have time, particularly about cooperation with /etc/network/interfaces.

The version in testing/unstable is significantly newer and has some
scripts to help with CBQ setup. You can't currently build it out of the
box on stable though - I should probably do something about that.