Re: Bandwidth Control

On Fri Aug 24 2001 at 10:49:35AM -0300 'Rodrigo Cesar Herefeld' <rodrigoh@linuxbr.com.br> wrote:

> May i use shaper control to configure the max bandwidth each user on a
> system con access?
> If not , wich program may i use for that??????
> I have one box with kern 2.2.19 and intend to use this to control the
> access of some corporative clientes , i thank all help you can give me.

Use the iproute2 tool tc to setup CBQ classes that allow you to classify
and manage bandwidth as queues. Or, if your setup is simple and static
enough use cbq.init to create your CBQ rules for you
[ftp://ftp.equinox.gu.net/pub/linux/cbq/cbq.init-v0.6.2].

Ciao

Charl

               Making reality real since 1974.

      [ Charl Matthee ]                             [ +27-11-721-3800 ]
      [ Reality Manufacturing ]                     [ +27-11-405-6508 ]