Quqipop freeze

Hi there

I have a very strange problem on one of my Debian mail servers. The problem
is users is complaining that the following message appears on there MS
outlook: "Please enter username and password"  Where you can enter your
password and username.Usually that happens when outlook cannot access the
mailbox.  I finded that when people close there outlook and reopen's it...
it will continue to work again. I once telnet into the linux box on port 110
and finded that it told me that it could not access the debian box on that
port. But I could still telnet into it...

Did anybody else ever had a problem like this? Or an idea what it can be?

Thanks
Gerrit