Re: RedHat Package Like dselect?

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Gene Grimm wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if RedHat has a package similar to dselect that
> will help keep up with the security updates that are so easily
> maintained with dselect and updates from security.debian.org?

I wrote a tool I used a few times that uses "the Red Hat security fixes
directory and compares each fixed RPM with those installed. If needed, it
will download RPM and update using it."

It is not a menuing user interface tool like dselect. But it may give you
some ideas, plus the webpage has links to other similar tools.

http://www.reedmedia.net/software/redhat-fixes-check/

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/