Re: Force DNS zonetransfer regardless of serial ?

The whole process of DNS updates is fully automated.
Certainly, under _normal_ circumstances the problem
should not accure at all and I know all the implications
that would cause. But I know _definitly_ that I want to
use the primary's information ;-)

Deleting the db file would of course be the usual way,
but as said, the whole process is automated, and I
really wouldn't like the hassle of writing an
interface to delete a db file on the dns machine
triggerd from elsewhere. We are talking several
thousand zone files here. Imagine a bug ...

We are running BIND 9.x. Maybe with 9 there's a way?

Cheers, Marcel