Re: kernel-image-2.4.7-586

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 09:21:21AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 04:21:32PM +0100, Bruno David Sim?es Rodrigues wrote:
> > Could we have a configuration to disable ECN in netbase package ?
>
> install the systune package and add the following lines to
> /etc/systune.conf:
>
> # turn off ECN (Explicit Congestion Notification
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn:0
>
> then run "/etc/init.d/systune reload"

Note that the procps package includes a file /etc/sysctl.conf that
does the same thing, but as procps as required you've already got it
:)

FWIW the syntax is rather

  net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0

or

  net/ipv4/tcp_ecn = 0

if you prefer.  After changing /etc/sysctl.conf to taste, run

  sysctl -p

systune works fine ... I just found installing an extra package to be
ugly.

Regards,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.