Re: websites, clusters, and other pets...

<quote who="TooManySecrets">

> What is the better solution for one cluster (beowulf, etc)? I don't want a
> warflame for this eh? ;) The clusters will run Apache and a dynamic site
> with php and mysql.  By the documentation I'm reading, I think the best
> option is Mosix... Have a cluster /web more difficult for administration
> than a "tradicional sort"??  What are the most adventage/disaventage of a
> web based cluster?

MOSIX is not going to help you much. Your best bet is to use round-dobin DNS
on the low end, and various solutions like Ultra Monkey [1] on the high end.

  http://www.ultramonkey.org/

- Jeff

--
    "Ever had a morning where you were not kissed and told "I love you,"
       when the night before you SCREWED so wildly that you could not