Re: Finding the Bottleneck

Hi,

Well... I'm not sure if you saw the "top" output I sent to the list a
while back, but the swap isn't touched at all. The 128M ram seems to be
sufficient at this time. I'm not sure that throwing more memory at it
would help much, would it? I think even if more ram is put in, it will
just use at buffers..... er.... that MIGHT help, right? Would be an easy
solution if 256M would help get an extra 20% performance :-)

Concerning the dns server, if it was not run locally, then every single
dns lookup would have to go across the network. Now that would be a LOT of
requests that would otherwise have been answered nearly instantly if it
was local.

The mail queue is on its OWN disk (disk 2). Everything else is on disk 1.
The mail queue disk ONLY has the mail queue and absolutely nothing else.
It is there for that specific purpose (even though it hasn't helped that
much). Also, log files in syslog already have "-" in front of the file
name so they aren't synced every write.

We've tried just about everything (except the raid setup) to get every
last ounce of performance out of this... but it doesn't seem like its made
a huge difference :-/

Sincerely,
Jason